Sunday, January 6, 2008

Hello from Tokyo

One flight down, one to go!
My parents and I left New York yesterday morning with Jeff as our 7am chauffeur. We settled in happily to our business class seats, still amazed we were able to use our miles on such short notice. We flew Japan Airlines and the service and crew were just great. I had a little moment on the plane where I finally realized that this was all happening and that soon, I would be holding my little girl in my arms. The tears just started coming of their own volition. I thought about how lucky I am to have my parents with me on this trip. (jeff is hoping to come a bit later) I thought about all my friends and the support I`ve gotten, I thought about this incredible journey to motherhood I`ve been on and it all just hit me. It`s happening. It`s really happening.

The last three days before I left were absolute insanity. Were it not for Diana having given me much of the prep materials months before, I`m not sure it could have been done. The first day was spent getting ticekts and visas, the next, picking up the tickets and visas and shopping for everything I needed to take. And the last day was packing. I loved having Robin and Tatiana and Carol come by to help and spend time with me before I left. Diana came over to make sure I had all my paperwork and to give invaluable Vietnam/parenting advice. And of course, my sweet Jeff was there thru it all to make sure I remembered to breathe and give me hugs and love before I shipped off.

Now it`s on to Hanoi tomorrow and hopefully, to get Phoebe the next day. They haven`t told us when our `Giving & Receiving ceremony will be- but most likely on the 9th or the 11th. I hope I`ll be able to write from there- I didn`t bring a laptop with me so I`m at the mercy of internet cafes. So until next time, sending you all lots of love and hugs.

xoxo
Phoebe`s Mom

No comments: