Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Got the interview today!!

I almost can't believe it. I am sitting in the offices of New Beginnings and the call came from the embassy that they have "granted" me an interview for our Visa today at 2pm!! Just when I stopped hoping and wishing. Just when I sent Jeff home in fear that I would not make it out of here this weekend... It just goes to show that things happen in their own time and not on your 'wishing and praying' schedule. It also reminds me that I am indeed a single Mom who has to accept that there are many difficult things I will have to do on my own. Before Jeff arrived I was feeling so fragile and incapable of taking on this daunting task. After a week with him, I felt my confidence return. He has a way of making me feel strong even at my weakest. I suppose that's the best by-product of good love. He re-filled my empty tank with affection and love for me and Phoebe and now we are ready to take on the US Embassy and a 17 hour Cathay Pacific flight!

Hopefully, they will stamp our Visa by the end of the day (sometimes, they wait another day) and we will be getting ready to fly off to Hong Kong tomorrow morning. I will also hopefully get to see my friend Punam who has been living in HK for the past year with her husband Sachin. We have a 6 hour layover, so it will be lovely to see a friendly face.

That's all for now. Next post from NYC!! Thank you so much for all the love and encouragement you have sent my way. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. Sending you love and a big Phoebe smile.

xoxo nan

1 comment:

KJ said...

congrats nancy - best of luck with everything! i hope it all goes smoothly and that you had a safe flight home! sending all good wishes your and phoebe's way. she is SO darn cute.