Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Now I am 4






I'm not sure how it happened, but Phoebe has turned four before our very eyes. This year has been full of changes for all of us, and yet, my intrepid girl has weathered it all. She has morphed from a little baby to a big girl who speaks with emotion and clarity, who knows who she is and what she wants (and how to go about getting it). Smart and clever, strong yet polite, and always fun and funny.

Phoebe's actual birthday was the first day of a commercial shoot for me- my first in over 10 years. I made the decision to miss the shoot and be at her party quicker than I ever could have imagined. It was the only place I wanted to be on August 17, 2011. We took over the roof top pool at 180 East End Avenue and spent a beautiful day (the only one in a crazy week of rain) splashing around, enjoying each other and the friends and family who came to be with us that day.

Phoebe at 4 is a wonder to behold. I am so proud to be her Mommy and to call her my daughter. She is the light, the joy, the gem that brightens everyday. On this particular day, she was shining in all her 4 year old glory. I'm so very glad I could be there to witness it, to be a part of it and to soak in every minute.

No comments: